Atlantis is one of the two largest cities in the Lower Elements, the other being Haven City. The city is underwater and protected by a giant air bubble, and many, if not all, of the residents use gills to breathe. The original Atlantis was destroyed more than eight thousand years ago after the dome was impacted by an asteroid, killing thousands. The current Atlantis was constructed over a period of 100 years, and was built using the ruins of the old city as a foundation. There is a lobby to demolish the city due to the high long-term maintenance costs. However, the Lower Elements Police Council has refused to take action due to the huge short-term financial cost.
- Close to 10,000 residents
- It has a protective dome that keeps water out and air in.
- It is protected by water cannons
- It can be evacuated in less than 1 hour.
- There is a 10 mile limit for evacuations, beyond 10 miles the shock wave from an implosion will cause no damage.